- Serves: 7 People
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking: 50 Minutes
- Calories: 550
- Difficulty: easy
Today we are going to know how to make spicy achari vegetable pulao which is flavored with achar (pickle). Usually pickles are served with a dish and not in a dish, so that makes these rice delicious and very flavorful. This achari vegetable rice dish is a complete vegetarian dish that can be made easily. This pulao (rice with pickle) has a perfect balance of taste and flavor of a regular pulao and pickle. I hope you will enjoy this step by step recipe guide.
- Put a wok on high flame and add cooking oil in it. When the oil heats up add sliced onions in it. Fry these onions till they turn golden brown.
- After this add bay leaf, black pepper corns, cloves, cumin in it and fry these as well. Add some water so that onions should not be burnt.
- No turn the flame to medium and add ginger garlic paste in it. fry it for 1 minute and then add chopped green chilies in it.
- Add peas in the masala and fry these for 4-5 minutes.
- After this add potato and carrots and mix these in masala and add 2 glass of water in this masala. Cover the pot, turn the flame to high and let the water in masala boil.
- When the water starts to boil, turn the flame to medium and let the vegetables cook till they get tender. This will take about 15 minutes.
- Uncover the pot and add chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, salt, red chili powder. Give a stir to everything and turn the flame to high now.
- Fry the masala and dry the water from it, it will take about 5 minutes and then add achar in it.
- Now add 4 glass of water and let this boil on high flame.
- Then drain the water out of rice and add these in the boiling water. Let the rice cook on high flame till the water dries.
- Now add garam masala powder in the rice, give a gentle mix and cover the pot. Turn the heat to low and steam cook the rice for 15-20 minutes till the rice are completely tender.
- Achari vegetable pulao is ready to serve. Enjoy!
You may also like