- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 243
- Difficulty: easy
Aloo Methi is a simple Sabzi, where Potatoes and Fenugreek Leaves are spiced. It is a simple dry dish used to be make during winter season in Pakistani houses. In this recipe, potatoes and fresh fenugreek leaves are cooked along with everyday spices such as coriander powder, turmeric powder, red chili powder, dry mango powder, and garam masala powder. These spices when added in the sabzi adds a nice spicy and tangy taste to the sabzi.
In a wide pan heat the cooking oil on medium flame.
- Then add ginger garlic paste, cumin seeds for and fry for 1 minute or till golden.
- Now add chopped potatoes and fry for a minute.
- Then add turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and mix well.
- Now add water (around 1/4 cup) in the mixture, mix and cover the pan. Lower the heat and cook for 3 minutes. We need the potato o get tender.
- after the time uncover the pan and give a mix to potato and masala.
- Now put the flame on medium again and add chopped green chilies, amchoor powder, zeera powder, coriander powder, chili flakes and combine every thing well.
- Then Add chopped methi and fry it with spices for 8-10 minutes. Cover the pan, lower the flame to low medium and let methi cook for 10 minutes.
- After the time uncover the pan and give a mix to gravy. Finally add in garam masala powder and mix it.
- Turn off the flame and take out sabzi in your serving dish.
- Garnish with sliced green chilies.
- __________________Note: For the better taste, use mustard oil to make this Sabzi. But if you don’t have mustard oil, then you can use any vegetable oil.
You may also like