- Serves: 6 People
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 678
- Difficulty: medium
Chilli chicken is a crispy, spicy slightly sour recipe very common dish of Indo-Chinese cuisine. Crispy and full of flavorful is how one can describe the chilli chicken. Most people don't think about making chilli chicken at home. However it is pretty easy to make restaurant style chilli chicken at home with probably most of the ingredients available at home. This is a popular dish of Hakka Chinese heritage. The recipe also involves use of capsicum (bell pepper) but as my family don't like capsicum too much so i skipped it.This simple chilli chicken recipe is a real deal with juicy chicken and beautiful sauce to snack in. A full of flavors recipe for family time.
- Take a bowl and add marination ingredients (chicken, ginger garlic paste, vinegar, soy sauce, salt, etc) in it. Mix everything well and dip the chicken in marinate completely.
- Cover the bowl and let the chicken marinate for 30 minutes in fridge.
- After marination take a wok and deep fry the chicken on medium flame until golden brown.
- In a bowl add water, soy sauce, hot sauce, black pepper powder, salt, red chili powder, corn flour and mix everything well.
- Take a wok and add cooking oil in it.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, green chilies in it. Stir it and let it cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add onion and again cook for 1 minute.
- Then gradually add already prepared sauce in it and stir continuously until thickens so that no lumps could formed.
- Now add fried chicken in the sauce and mix it well in the sauce.
- Your chili chicken is ready garnish it with chopped green onion leaves and sliced green chilies.
You may also like