- Serves: 17 People
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking: 25 Minutes
- Calories: 2749
- Difficulty: easy
This Cinnamon Slice is a deliciously moist cake/ brownie type baked deal that goes well with an afternoon cup of coffee or tea.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 °C for 20 minutes.
- Take all the dry ingredients (all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon powder) strain through a strainer and mix well. Put these aside and prepare the wet ingredients.
- Put a saucepan over medium heat and add butter and brown sugar in it.
- Let the butter and sugar slowly melt together.
- Carefully stir in between as the sugar mixture will be very hot.
- When butter and sugar melted together completely takeoff the pan from heat and let it cool for about 5 minutes aside.
- Once the mixture is cooled for a few minutes add in vanilla essence and eggs.
- Quickly whisk the mixture so that eggs should not cooked and easily incorporated.
- Pour this mixture in the bowl of dry ingredients and mix it until well combined.
- Now take a large baking pan and line it with butter paper.
- Pour the batter in it and smooth it so it could spread in the whole pan.
- Bake it in the oven at 180°C for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Take out the pan out of oven and let it cool in the pan for about 5 minutes.
- Take out some melted butter and rush a generous amount of it on the top of the baked slice as wee need a moist top.
- Mix the powdered sugar and cinnamon powder together and dust it through a strainer over the top of slice.
- Let the slice cool completely before cutting and serving.
You may also like