- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 290
- Difficulty: easy
Crispy from the outside and fluffy from the inside these fried potato balls are a treat for your kids. These are also called fried mashed potato balls usually made after thanksgiving with leftover mashed potatoes. These fried potato balls are perfect for a side dish or appetizer. We Pakistani love to eat something fried in aftar during holy month of Ramadan. So you can also call these ramadan special fried potato balls as well. Also these are a perfect match with the cup of tea in the evening. So give it a try and enjoy this easy snack.
- Put enough oil for deep frying in a wok and heat it on medium flame.
- Take a bowl and add boiled potatoes in it. the potatoes should be warm not completely cold.
- Add butter with potatoes and crush with the help of fork. Mix the butter and potatoes together while crushing.
- Then add egg yolks in potato mixture and mix again.
- Now cover the bowl and let the mixture completely cool down in the fridge for almost 2 hours.
- After this time take the dough out of fridge, take a teaspoon of it in hand and give a ball shape.
- Beat an egg with a pinch of salt in another bowl.
- Take all purpose flour and bread crumbs in separate bowls.
- Now take the potato ball and first coat it in all purpose flour, then dip in beaten egg and lastly coat bread crumbs on it.
- Fry the potato balls in hot oil adding one by one in the wok. the oil should not be too hot or potato balls will burst.
- Fry these till a golden brown color and then take out on a paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve hot with ketchup or chatni
- _______________Note: This is a basic recipe you can give it twist of your own by adding green chilies or any kind of cheese if you want to.
You may also like