- Serves: 6 People
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 536
- Difficulty: easy
As a result of its low fat substance, vegetarian characteristics, simplicity of making, medium shelf life and taste Gajar halwa or Gajrela is a famous treat all over Pakistan and regularly served on different festivals and occasions. The dish is popular in grown-ups as well as children. It is a lightly nutritious dessert with less fat than many other typical subcontinent desserts.
This recipe is very special to Pakistani cuisine, and with the coming cooler months, it is even more special. Try and Enjoy!
Take milk in a deep wok or pan.
- Let the milk boil and then add grated carrots in it along with sugar.
- Let the milk and carrots mixture cook on medium fame for 5-7 minutes. Do not stir in continuously just stir after 5-7 minutes and let the mixture cook.
- When the milk start to dry then start stirring the mixture continuously so that it should not stick to the pan.
- Now slow the flame a little bit and add butter in it.
- Fry the gajrela for 2 minutes and then add cardamom powder.
- Mix it and cook for 2 minutes more and then turn off the flame.
- Let the gajrela cool down a bit then add 250 grams khoya in it.
- Dish out the gajrela and garnish with boil eggs and almonds.
________ Note: I forgot to add sugar in the start that's why I added it on later stage, in both ways the taste will not be effected so you can follow both the ways as per your choice and ease.
You may also like