- Serves: 11 People
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 165
- Difficulty: easy
Maida barfi/Halkova or palkova is a very easy and tasty sweet recipe prepared using only 3 ingredients maida, sugar and ghee. This 90's kids favorite sweet halkova is one of the best memories from childhood, a popular sweet from 90's that just melts in your mouth. This recipe is very easy to prepare and very similar to besan ladoo recipe. So if you wish you can make ladoos as well instead of cutting it into burfis.
- Add ghee in a pan and let it melt on low flame.
- Once the ghee melts add all purpose flour and combine with ghee.
- Let it roast for around 8-10 minutes or until nice aroma comes.
- Switch off the flame and let the mixture cool until its warm.
- Grease a parchment paper and put it in the mold in which you are going to shape your barfi.
- When the roasted flour and ghee mixture is still warm not completely cold gradually mix powdered sugar and cardamom powder in it.
- Knead the mixture with hands until it forms a dough.
- Put this mixture into the mold or box that was already lined with parchment paper.
- Level the surface of barfi with a spoon and let it rest for 2 hours at room temperature or for 15 minutes in refrigerator to set.
- Cut the barfi into the shape of your choice and serve.
- ___________Note: The measurements are made with standard measuring cups in this recipe.
- You may add finely chopped nuts as per your choice or even garnish with sliced almonds or pistachios.
You may also like