- Serves: 4 People
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking: 45 Minutes
- Calories: 94
- Difficulty: easy
Lentils are an important staple for those regions that enjoy a predominantly vegetarian diet in Pakistan and India. Lentils are nutritious and a great source of protein, fiber, B vitamins, iron and zinc. Today's recipe is masoor dal or red lentil soup and it is a wholesome comforting soup and is very simple to prepare. You can even prepare this soup with moong dal (yellow lentil) or with the mix of both moong and masoor dal. This is perfect for dinner. Today we are going to know how to prepare creamy red lentil soup easily at home. A complete step by step guide for your ease is here. Enjoy!
- Put a pan on medium flame and add cooking oil in it.
- Now add onion, garlic, carrots, bay leaf and tomatoes in it. combine everything and fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Strain the water from masoor dal and add it into the fried masala after 3-4 minutes of frying. Mix it well.
- Add salt, red chili powder, black pepper powder, cumin powder in dal and combine everything. Fry the masala for 1 minute and then add chicken broth in it.
- Give everything a mix and then wait until the soup starts to boil. After the water starts to boil cover the pot and slow the flame. Let daal cook for 30-40 minutes until it gets tender completely.
- Add fresh cream in the soup at this stage and mix it and turn off the flame.
- Now blend daal well to give it a smooth soup consistency. Masoor dal soup is ready now.
- Garnish the soup with fresh cream and coriander leaves while serving and enjoy the creamy masoor dal (red lentil) soup.
You may also like