- Serves: 8 People
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 415
- Difficulty: easy
Carrot cakes never seems to go out of style. This rich and moist spice cake, full of grated carrots, nuts and raisins has great flavor, especially when covered with a tangy, sweet cream cheese frosting. A carrot cake is cake in which carrots are mixed into the cake batter. The recipe of the carrot cake that I am sharing here is easy and requires no fancy equipment. Not only is this best in tasting and moist carrot cake but it is a cinch to make.
Its an easy but quit a formal cake for any special occasion like a birthday. It is so moist and delicious that you would love to have it.
- Grease the cake pan with some oil and line it with butter paper. Remember this is quit a big cake so use the high sides mold. I will recommend to use two 9-inch round cake pans.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 °C (350 F) for 15-20 minutes.
- In a large bowl add oil, eggs, brown sugar, white sugar and vanilla and with the help of hand mixer mix everything until blended.
- Take a strainer and strain all purpose flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda and salt together.
- Put the grated carrot in the dry ingredients to coat them well (this will help extract the most color and will help to evenly distribute the carrots in the better with sitting to bottom).
- Add this mixture to the wet mixture and mix until evenly blended. Remember the batter will be wet.
- Pre roast the walnuts if you are using them. Stir in the mixture walnut pieces or raisins.
- Divide this between the 2 pans and bake the cakes for 25 to 30 minutes, until a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake for 30 minutes in their pans, then turn out onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
- Take a hand blender or stand mixer and beat the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Remember both should be on room temperature.
- Add half of the icing sugar and beat until smooth.
- Beat in the vanilla and then beat in the remaining icing sugar until light and fluffy.
- Peel off the butter paper from the cake and put it on the serving tray.
- Put a generous amount of frosting on the cake and spread it with the help of cake spatula.
- Now put the second layer of cake on it. Again put the cream cheese frosting on top of it.
- Now put the frosting on the sides of the cake and spread evenly with the help of spatula.
- Smooth the edges by removing extra frosting. For the top use your spatula to create swirls in the frosting. Sprinkle a few walnut pieces on the top of the cake as garnish, or press the walnut pieces onto the sides of the cake.
The best and moist carrot cake is ready to enjoy.
- Note: The cake can be kept, refrigerated, for up to 3 days.
You may also like