- Serves: 3 People
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 580
- Difficulty: easy
Peri peri chicken is originally from South Africa and Portugal but the peppery, lemony dish is now very popular around the world. Piri Piri or peri peri is actually a type of chilli, the name has become synonymous with spicy grilled chicken. Peri Peri Chicken with Rice is a really amazing and delicious dish, spicy and wonderful. Crispy, tender chicken with a golden brown skin, topped with spicy, tangy peri peri rice flavored with peri peri sauce, this dish is addictive. The recipe that I am sharing here is of a spicy and tasty peri peri chicken with rice and homemade peri peri sauce. This is a very easy version of peri peri flavors in chicken, rice and sauce that can be ready in an hour.
- Put Kashmiri chilies in boiling water and boil for 2-3 minutes.
- Put them in a blender and add cooking oil, salt, garlic, citric acid, mustard paste, Lemon juice, chili flakes and chopped fresh coriander.
- Blend all these well till the consistency of sauce achieved. Put it aside.
- ___For Peri peri Chicken___
- Take chicken breasts in a bowl and add cooking oil, salt, paprika powder, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce and already prepared peri peri sauce.
- Rub the mixture on chicken, dip the pieces in it and let it marinate for 30-40 minutes.
- Now take a grill pan and heat it on low flame.
- Brush some oil on the pan and let the chicken pieces cook on it. Flip the sides in between until the chicken is completely cooked.
- ___For Peri Peri Rice___
- Take oil in a a pan and add diced capsicum and tomatoes in it.
- Cook the vegetables on medium high flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add boiled rice, soy sauce and peri peri sauce in it and give it a mix.
- add saffron milk and again mix.
- You rice are ready, serve with peri peri chicken on top.
You may also like