- Serves: 6 People
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 650
- Difficulty: easy
potato egg cutlets is a savory snack of boiled eggs wrapped in a potato mixture and fried. A unique and simple appetizer recipe of crispy egg cutlets. The recipe is originated from coast of Kerala and you will get the spiciness of coast in its flavors. A very delicious and easy to make quick egg appetizer is what you need for your tea time. Also prepare it in iftar during Ramadan and also for the lunch box of kids. Here is a detailed step by step recipe of how to make this Bengali style boil egg cutlets. Do try and enjoy.
take potatoes in a bowl and mash them.
- Add rice flour, garam masalha, salt, baking powder, ghee, fried onion and black pepper powder in it. Combine everything well.
- Now take boiled eggs and cut each egg in 4 pieces (cut 4 slices in length).
- Now take the potato mixture and spread it on your palm. Put slice of an egg in the mixture and cover it. The mixture should be covered around egg without crack and in thick consistency.
- Coat it with beaten egg and bread crumbs.
- Put it in medium hot oil for deep frying on medium flame until golden brown and crispy. Take it out on a paper towel.
- Repeat the process with remaining mixture.
- Serve hot with ketchup or any chutny of your choice.
You may also like