- Serves: 7 People
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 331
- Difficulty: easy
Ras malai or malai chop is a Bengali sweet also called rosh molai or cream chop. Ras means juice and malai means cream. This juicy delight is melt in mouth and loved by every one. Rasmalai is a royal sweet often served in weddings and eaten on special occasions. Traditionally it is made with fresh cheese taken from freshly curdled milk. But now a days when we want to cook delicious food without spending too much time or effort in it the recipe also took variation. We can now make rasmalai with dry milk as well. There are a lot of different recipes of rasmalai with milk powder on internet and believe me I tried almost every famous recipe. Unfortunately the recipe required some technique and not every recipe on internet tells about this technique. Here I am today sharing all tips and tricks for making perfect rasmalai with dry milk. I will also share the halwai style recipe (with fresh cheese) of rasmalai very soon. This recipe is my tried and tested one and always came out very spongy and delicious rasmalai in result. I have tried to describe each step with picture. I hope you will enjoy it.
- Take the egg in a bowl and beat it, set it aside.
- In another bowl take dry milk and mix baking powder in it.
- Add ghee and combine everything.
- Now add beaten egg and mix it with lighter hand. Remember do not knead the mixture as it will get hard and the rasmalai will be hard as well. Just lightly mix till everything well combined. The mixture will be sticky but keep it as it is do not knead it.
- Wash your hands, take a small portion of prepared mixture and shape it into a cylinder or ball as per your choice. Make balls from the complete mixture and keep these aside.
- In a wide wok or pan add 1 liter liquid milk, add cardamom pods and sugar in it and give it a mix. Let the milk heat up on medium flame and stir in between. Do not boil the milk just heat it.
- When the milk is heated enough add prepared malai in it, cover the pan and let these cook on medium flame for 5 minutes. Do not let the milk boil and over flow as the malai will break down if this happen.
- After 5 minutes uncover the pan and you will see the prepared malai is fluffed up to a bigger size. Now let the rasmalai cook for another 20 minutes on medium to low flame without cover.
- After 20 minutes cooking the milk will reduced and malai completely absorbed the flavor. Now sprinkle the rose water in it.
- Turn off the flame and let the dish come to the room temperature.
- Take it out in a serving dish and let it cool down in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Garnish with pistachios and enjoy your easy & tasty ras malai with milk powder.
You may also like