- Serves: 17 People
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 235
- Difficulty: medium
Chicken Tikka Kebab is a delightful appetizer that is packed with flavor. When we go to restaurants, one of our favorite appetizers to order is Chicken Tikka, and for good reason. It's seemingly on of the most popular Pakistani appetizer.
This recipe is a little bit complex (as it has a lot of ingredients and a little bit technicality) but this is the taste that we usually don't find in home cooking. Its a restaurant style recipe and tastes beautiful.
- Into a blender add vinegar, soy sauce, oil and green chilies and make a puree of these.
- Take chicken pieces in a bowl and add the made puree in it.
- Also add other ingredients for marination in it and mix everything till well combined.
- Let the chicken marinate for 1 hour.
- _________________For Deep Frying____________________
- Heat the oil in a deep wok on low flame.
- Take corn flour in a small bowl, mix yellow food color in it and with water make a thick batter.
- Remove the lumps from batter and batter should have the consistency that it could properly coat on the chicken.
- Give the chicken a mix again and put the chicken pieces in cornflour batter. Oil should not be too hot.
- In 5-6 minutes the chicken will be cooked perfectly.
- Repeat the process with all chicken pieces.
- _____________________For Assembling_________________
- Take a skewer and add one piece of carrot, then add chicken, then cucumber, then chicken again and then a piece of capsicum and so on.
- Continue with chicken and a piece of vegetable till stick filled. Top with the slice of lemon.
- Your chicken stick tikka/ Shish tawook is ready to serve.
- _______________Note: You can fry this chicken in deep fryer at 150 °C for 6-7 minutes.
- You may even make ahead this chicken before any prty or event. Just half cook this chicken for almost 3 minutes and take it out of oil. Freeze the half cooked chicken and when you need again deep fry it on same temperature for 3 more minutes.
You may also like