- Serves: 9 People
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking: 60 Minutes
- Calories: 2390
- Difficulty: easy
Karachi Biryani is one of the most famous dish of Pakistan due to its unique taste. Biryani is a popular food of Pakistan and Karachi is famous for it. Hope you will find it easy and delicious to eat.
- Wash rice thoroughly and soak for about 2 hours before boiling.
- Put the water in a big pan (Pateela). Add star anise, bay leaves and salt in it and let it boil on high flame.
- When the water starts boiling, add rice in it and let it cook for 5-6 minutes or until the rice are 80% cooked (3-4 kanni rakhni hay)
- Drain the water from rice.
- _______________For Qourma__________________________________________
- Put oil in a pan on medium high flame
- Add tomatoes in oil and let them cook for about 4-5 minutes in the oil.
- then add ginger garlic and green chilies paste
- Grind the qourma spices of recipe well.
- Add salt, red chili and turmeric powder. Mix the masalha in tomatoes and let it cook.
- After 5 minutes the masalha and tomatoes will be cooked add yogurt.
- After 2-3 minute of cooking add water and let it boil.
- Then add grinned spices and potatoes in it. Cover the pan and let it cook for about 10 minutes so that potatoes are little bit soft.
- After that add chicken in the water and let it cook.
- Add food color in qourma at this stage.
- Add lemon slices and chopped mint and coriander leaves in qourma.
- Then add rice in the qourma.
- Pour the oil for dum at this stage over the rice.
- Take a kitchen cloth cover the pan with it for dum.
- Dum should be for 7 minutes on high flame and 25 minutes on low flame so that rice could be cooked properly.
- Open the cover and biryani is ready. Serve hot and enjoy.
You may also like