- Serves: 11 People
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 62
- Difficulty: easy
Til gud laddu (til gur ke ladoo) also called tilkut or tilkuta or tilkatri is an energetic and delicious traditional recipe. The process of making these til ke laddu or till kay ladoo is very easy and these ladoos can be prepared very quickly. This sweet is prepared with til (sesame seeds) and the dishes prepared with til provides heat and energy to the body that's why this dish is very common during winter season. Sesame seeds provides iron, calcium and magnesium which makes this recipe really healthy and nutritious to eat. Till ke ladoo are generally made during winter season as energy and heat source and it is one of the traditional recipe of Indian Pakistan. Here below I am sharing easy homemade till ke laddu recipe for you. Do give it a try this winter and enjoy the seasonal treats.
- Clean the til (sesame seeds) thoroughly.
- Take a wok and put til in it. Turn the flame to medium and dry roast til (sesame seeds) for 3-4 minutes. Stir continuously as the til can be burnt very quickly. Do not over cook til as they will develop a bitter taste if roasted too much.
- Take the sesame seeds out of pan in a plate and let them come to the room temperature.
- Then grind these til coarsely, do not make the fine powder of these.
- Cut the gud or jaggery into small chunks so that it could be melt down easily.
- Now in the same an or wok, add ghee and put the cut jaggery or gur pieces in it. Turn the flame to low.
- Stir the gud continuously until it melts completely. Turn off the heat immediately after gud melts.
- Now add roasted and crushed til in this melted gud and mix quickly.
- Also add crushed nuts and mix well.
- Keep water in a bowl to grease your palm for making ladoo. You can also use ghee if you want but i used water as the mixture will be sticky and very hot, greased palm with water can reduce the temperature and also help to make ladoo easily without sticking.
- Use a spoon to take small portion of mixture for making laddu, wet your palm with water and quickly shape the mixture into a round ball. Repeat the same process with complete mixture.
- Let the ladoos cool down for 1-2 hours so that they could sustain their shape. Once cool down completely store in an air tight jar and enjoy this delicious treat when ever you want.
You may also like