- Serves: 7 People
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 650
- Difficulty: easy
Today we are going to know how to make Turkish Gozleme at home. Spinach and cheese stuffed Turkish flat bread Gozleme is much loved Turkish street food and a special part of Turkish breakfast. This popular snack is cooked on hot griddle and can be stuffed with any type of filling as per choice. Turks love this flat bread. Although the famous recipes of gozleme includes feta cheese but you can use any kind of white cheese even grated cheddar cheese or mozzarella. Authentic gozleme usually made without leveling agent and used to be made and served mostly in villages and rural areas in Turkey. But in the last twenty years or so it has made its way into cities and is well loved by everyone. I hope you will enjoy this recipe.
- In a bowl add all purpose flour, salt and combine well.
- Then add warm milk, and warm water and combine the flour into dough.
- Dust some flour on the work surface and take the dough out of bowl. Knead it for 5-6 minutes into a soft dough.
- Put the dough back into the bowl and grease the top of dough with oil, cover the bowl and let the dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Now take a frying pan and add cooking oil in it. Then add chopped onion in it and saute till the onion gets soft.
- Then add chili flakes and chopped spinach.
- Fry it for 30 seconds and then add black pepper powder in it.
- Now turn off the flame, take the spinach out in a bowl.
- Let it cool a bit and then mix cheese in it.
- Take the dough out and divide it into 6 equal portions. Roll these into balls and cover with cloth so that crust should not form on top.
- Roll each piece into a thin rectangle, sprinkle a little flour as you roll the dough so that the dough won’t stick. Roll until you achieve a thin sheet of a flat round.
- Spread some oil on top and fold the left and right sides of the dough in a way for the edges to meet in the middle.
- Then put about 3 tablespoon of spinach mixture in the middle of this rectangle, fold the top and bottom edges over the filling, making sure all the filling is safely covered. Press edges together well to seal. Repeat the same procedure for the rest of the dough balls.
- Heat a non stick pan or griddle on medium heat, brush it with oil and then put the spinach stuffed bread on it. Cook from one side for 1 minute and then flip the other side. Cook the bread till golden brown spots appear on it.
- You can either roll the Gozleme to serve, or you can cut in halves or quarters.
You may also like