- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 2940
- Difficulty: easy
Bhuna gosht is a mutton or beef cooking that is very popular in Pakistan.“Bhuna” is a term of cooking where you let the meat (or vegetables) cook on high heat with ghee or oil and in spices. Mutton or beef pieces are slow cooked in whole spices, chopped onion and ginger garlic, later fried (bhuna) with lots of ghee and garnished with coriander. This is rich flavored heart warming full of flavors family style dish. The recipe of bhuna gosht that I am sharing here leaves and aromatic flavor and extremely juicy mutton or beef that makes you crave for more. This recipe of bhuna gosht masala is an ideal choice for special Sunday lunch or dinner. Give this Pakistani style bhuna gosht recipe a try and enjoy the appreciation of your family.
- Take a pressure cooker and add cooking oil in it.
- Add sliced onion and let them cook till the edges start to brown.
- Now add ginger garlic paste, meat and all spices (coriander powder, chili powder, salt garam masalha, cumin seeds, turmeric powder etc) in it and mix it well.
- The flame should be medium to low at this point so that meat could release its water, also add 1 glass of water so that meat could get tender. Do not give the meat pressure until the meat releases its own water. after that give it a pressure and let it cook for 5-7 minutes. The timing of meat getting tender may vary according to quality of pressure cooker.
- After releasing the pressure open the cover and fry the meat so that water could dry.
- When you see that the oil is separating add tomato paste in it.
- Let the meat fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped coriander leaves and serve with roti or nan. Pakistani style bhuna gosht is ready to enjoy.
- __Note: You can also cook this meat without pressure cooker but then quantity of water for tenderizing the meat will increase and it will also take more time to get tender.
You may also like