- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 139
- Difficulty: easy
Hot and sour soup is a soup from Asian culinary customs. It is a Chinese soup and it served with Ramen noodles in Japan. Chicken hot n sour soup is a popular restaurant style soup from the Indo Chinese cuisine. The best aspect of the hot and sour soup is the sharpness in its taste which activates the taste buds. A large number of soups offers you either spice or some kind of savory. But hot and sour soup is a blend of spice and sourness, hence makes it an ideal supper starter. There is a difference between traditional hot and sour soup and the Indo Chinese one. The traditional Chinese soup uses pork, tofu, dried shiitake mushrooms and other Asian ingredients. The Desi hot and sour soup has a chilli based broth with a vibrant red color that sets it apart from all other soups of the region. Hot and sour soup is one of the main street style food available in India and Pakistan. Here it is served with special spiced vinegar made with green chillies cut in it. But you can totally control how much chillies or hot you want your soup. The recipe that I am sharing here is not Indian but Pakistani style hot and sour soup recipe that we have eaten at many food stalls and restaurants.
- Take a pan and add the chicken in it along with 8 cups of water.
- Boil the chicken till cooked completely.
- Remove the chicken and strain the stock.
- Shred it and keep aside.
- In a wide deep pan add the chicken stock along with carrots, cabbage white vinegar, soy sauce, chili sauce, salt, chicken cube, white pepper, black pepper and mix well.
- Keep the flame on medium and bring it to a boil.
- Now add the shredded chicken and cook for 5 minutes.
- Dissolve cornflour in 1/2 cup of water to make the paste.
- Gradually add this to the soup and keep stirring continuously so that lumps should not formed.
- Once the soup is thickened, beat the egg and slowly add it to the soup.
- In the end pour oil and green onion and serve hot.
- ______________Serving Sauce________________
- Sauce 1: Add chopped green chilies in 3-4 tablespoon of white vinegar and green chili sauce is ready.
- Sauce 2: Add chili sauce, chili paste or hot sauce in 3-4 tablespoon of vinegar and mix it well.
- __________________Note: You may add vegetables of your choice in the soup as mushrooms or capsicum.
You may also like