- Serves: 15 People
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking: 60 Minutes
- Calories: 150
- Difficulty: easy
So many of us have done dipping the cake rusk in tea during our childhood and many still continue to do so and enjoy the cake rusk. This is one of the favorite tea time food in Pakistan and usually people enjoy it for their break fast. These rusks are similar to biscotti in USA and they are also baked in the same way. You need to bake the rusk twice just like biscotti. When they are freshly baked and came out of oven they are soft, let them cool for about 10 minutes and again put them in the oven or in pateela at the lower temperature for making them crunchy. Here today we are going to make these without oven and egg-less but I will also share the timing and temperature of oven. This is a simple step by step guide of how to make bakery style cake rusk at home without eggs and without oven. I hope you will try this no oven cake rusk recipe and enjoy it.
- Take a big pan (pateela) and spread some salt in its bottom. Put a stand in it, cover the pan (pateela) and let it pre heat on medium flame for 10 minutes.
- Mix the dry ingredients first, In a bowl take all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and strain these with a sieve. Add milk powder and combine everything well.
- Now in another bowl add half of milk along with sugar, dissolve the sugar in the milk. You can even use powdered sugar and that will be dissolved quickly in the milk. This is why we took warm milk as the sugar will be easily dissolved in it.
- Now gradually add the dry ingredients and mix well. The reason behind adding the dry ingredients slowly is to avoid lumps in the batter.
- Now you will notice that the batter become thick so add the remaining milk it and mix it. The batter should not be too runny and not too dense it should be in a thick liquid form.
- Now take loaf pan and grease it well with butter or oil. Then place a baking paper in it. If you do not have baking paper dust some flour in the pan after greasing it and then take out the extra.
- Pour the batter inside this pan and tap the pan to remove air bubbles.
- Put the loaf pan in preheated pan (pateela), cover the pan and let the cake bake for 60 minutes on medium to low flame.
- After baking take the cake out of oven and then take it out of pan as well. Remove the butter paper and let the cake cool on cooling rack.
- When the cake is cooled down cut it into slices. Cut it into 1 finger thickness, put a finger on the cake and cut the cake inline with it.
- Now we will again bake these cake rusks so that they become crunchy. Remember for the second baking pot (pateela) should be completely cooled and so is the oven. Oven and pateela should not be pre heated for the second baking and the cake slices should also be completely cooled.
- Now for the second baking put the cake slices on baking tray without any greasing or baking paper in it. We will bake these cake slices for 20 minutes on one side and 20 minutes on the other sides at medium to low flame.
- Put the ruks on cooling rack to completely cool down these. When the rusks are completely cool down they will be crunchy.
- Crunchy homemade cake rusk without oven like bakery are ready to enjoy.
- ____________________Note: For baking in oven pre heat the oven at 180 °C for 30 minutes and then bake at the same temperature for 30 minutes.
- For the second baking do not pre heat the oven it should be completely cooled and bake the cakes from one side for 10 minutes and then 10 minutes on the other side.
You may also like