- Serves: 6 People
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 432
- Difficulty: easy
Egg paratha is a kids favorite recipe, which is easy to make for breakfast, brunch or kids tiffin box. You can make this egg paratha with frozen paratha, ready paratha or roti as well, however i have included the recipe of making basic paratha in this post as well. Anda paratha or egg paratha is a healthy food as it is super rich in protein due to egg.
- In flour add salt and oil and give a mix.
- Gradually add water and keep kneading the dough., we need a soft dough.
- Knead it for 5 minutes, cover the dough and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- After the time knead the dough for 5 minutes again so that the dough became extremely soft.
- Grease the bowl and dough, cover the bowl and let the dough rest again for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl add eggs, tomatar, piyaz, hara dhanya, salt, lal mirch, kali mirch, hari mirch and beat the eggs.
- After 30 minutes dough is ready for parathas.
- Make small pedas (dough balls), for medium size parathas. Give the dough balls a round shape. From this dough we can make almost 5 parathas.
- Flatten the dough with your hands first, then dust some flour on the working surface, roll it out in a round paratha with 3-4 inch diameter.
- Apply a little oil ghee or melted butter on rolled out paratha.
- Then spread some flour over the oil.
- Cut strips of paratha and roll a strip first then put it in the other strip and roll over. This will help in making layers in partha.
- After rolling the final strip we will achieve again a peda shape.
- Gently press the peda with hand to flatten it a little bit and then with rolling pin roll it into paratha.
- Put a pan on medium to low flame till hot, grease it with butter ghee or oil.
- Put the rolled paratha in the pan, when the bottom side is cooked a bit spread some oil over the top side before flipping the paratha.
- Press the paratha gently with kitchen towel or spatula so that it could cook inside too.
- Spread oil or ghee on the other side too, flip it and cook this side as well.
- Now spread the prepared egg mixture over the paratha, flip the partha gently and press it so that egg mixture could stick to it properly.
- Check it after the egg is cooked completely take the paratha out of pan.
- Repeat the same process with remaining dough and egg mixture.
- Serve hot with raita or achar.
- You can even make a roll with this paratha for lunch box of kids.
You may also like