- Serves: 73 People
- Prep Time: 25 Minutes
- Cooking: 12 Minutes
- Calories: 54
- Difficulty: easy
Today's recipe is about how to make delicious Vanilla Ice box Sugar Cookies at home. One of the characteristics of the ice box cookie is that it does not have baking powder or baking soda in it. When you bake an ice box butter cookie it holds its shape. The buttery flavor of these cookies means it is important to use good quality of butter. Besides butter these cookies have a strong flavor of vanilla and you can even enhance the flavor with any kind of dry fruit or nuts. These are perfect for holiday parties because they’re easy to make and can be prepared in advance. I hope you will enjoy this recipe as i shared a complete step by step recipe along with pictures to completely elaborate the recipe.
- In a bowl add butter, powdered sugar and granulated sugar, beat all these things till the batter becomes smooth. You can use hand whisk as well for this purpose if you do not have electric or stand mixer.
- Add the egg yolk first and start mixing it, then add the whole egg while you are mixing the batter.
- Add vanilla extract or essence and salt in the mixture and combine everything together.
- Now add all purpose flour and combine it as well.
- Take a plastic wrap or sheet and drop the dough on it, use the plastic wrap to shape the dough because the dough is very soft.
- Wrap the sheet around the dough and roll it into a cylindrical shape. Tight th edges of the wrap and put these in fridge for at least 2 hours if you want to bake these cookies on the same day. But you can make ahead this dough for making the cookies some other day and you can even freeze the dough for later use on some other day.
- After the dough is chilled take it out and unwrap it from plastic sheet.
- Now use the egg white that we saved from one egg, whisk it slightly and brush it all over the dough before slicing it into cookies.
- Take a baking paper and put some granulated sugar on it, roll the egg white brushed cookie dough into the sugar so that it is well coated with sugar.
- Cut the cookies into a quarter inch of thickness (as shown in the picture) and arrange these on the baking tray with a baking paper in the bottom.
- Bake these in the pre heated oven at 180 °C or 350 °F for 10-12 minutes. As these cookies are very delicate they will be well cooked in this short time.
- After the time you will notice the cookies lift easily from the tray and are lightly browned on the bottom. Allow the cookies to cool on the trays on a cooling rack.
- Enjoy the vanilla ice box cookies. These can be kept in an airtight container for a week.
You may also like