- Serves: 17 People
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking: 50 Minutes
- Calories: 2855
- Difficulty: easy
7 cup burfi is a traditional Indian sweet made with 7 cups of ingredients. Texture and color of this 7 cup barfi is fundamentally the same as mysore pak or milk cake, yet it has its own extraordinary taste and flavor. it is a mainstream Indian dessert which is usually made with one ingredient combining with other supporting ingredients for shape and its flavor.
7 cup burfi is a sweet which is true festive delight loved by whole family. My step by step recipe of this easy 7 cup burfi will help you master the technique of making this delicious goodness. The best thing about this 7 cup burfi or 7 cup cake is that you don't need the exact measuring cup of 240 or 250 ml. You can use any kind of cup or bowl for measuring the ingredients just be sure to use the same cup for measuring all the ingredients in the recipe.
- Take a wok and add besan and ghee in it and let it cook on low to medium flame. Keep continuously stirring the mixture and break the lumps so that a silky smooth texture formed.
- Now add cashew powder, crushed dry coconut, sugar and milk and mix till everything well combined.
- Keep it stirring continuously on medium flame so that mixture could not burn.
- After 25 minutes the mixture will start thicken.
- Keep the flame on medium and continue cooking.
- After 40 minutes the mixture will start separating from pan. this is the consistency that we require.
- Now add cardamom powder and mix it again.
- Burfi is ready take off the pan from stove.
- Line a pan with parchment paper and grease it with ghee.
- Pour the mixture in the mold and smooth the surface with spoon.
- Let it set for 20-30 minutes.
- Take it out of the pan and cut in your desired shape for serving. Garnish with crushed dry fruits.
You may also like