- Serves: 7 People
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 313
- Difficulty: easy
This almond glazed cake is a delicate tea-time cake featuring a heavy dose of almond flavor. Almonds powder in the batter and topped with crunchy roasted almonds this is an egg less moist and easy tea time cake. This eggless dry almond cake without oven is a family favorite, and I consider this an all-rounder cake. This homemade almond cake is delicious to be served on it’s own but it can also be served as a secondary dessert at parties as a contrast to a grand dessert.
- Sift the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt) and set aside.
- Take a bowl and blend oil and sugar in it for 4-5 minutes so that both well combined.
- Then add milk in it and whisk together.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and make sure that the batter is smooth and lumps free.
- Then add almonds powder in the mixture and combined everything well.
- Grease a cake pan and line with butter paper in the bottom.
- Pour the cake batter in it and tap it for 1-2 time so that air bubbles removed.
- For baking without oven heat up a wok or big pan (pateela) on medium flame for 15 minutes. Place a stand or any steel plate in the pan and then place your cake mold on it. Cover the pan and let the cake bake for 40-45 minutes or till a skewer inserted in the center came out clean.
- Take out the cake mold from pan and let it cool before taking out the cake.
- ______________________For Glaze________________________
- In afrying pan add jam and water and let it cook on low flame till the jam melts completely.
- Stir continuously with a spatula until a boil in jam mixture.
- Cook for 30 seconds more till the jam mixture starts to thicken. Take the pan aside and let the glaze cool a bit.
- ________________For Assembling_________________
- Take the cake out of mold on a plate and remove the butter paper.
- When the glaze is still warm brush some of it on the cake.
- Place the almond slices as per your choice for garnishing.
- Then again spread the jam garnishing on cake and sprinkle the almond powder.
- Brush the glaze on sides of cake as well.
- Place a cherry on top and your cake is ready to serve.
- ___________Note: If you don't want to use baking soda you can increase baking powder to 1 and 1/2 teaspoon instead of using soda.
You may also like