- Serves: 7 People
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 331
- Difficulty: easy
Today's recipe is super moist eggless malai cake without oven. This is a super moist, soft and delicious cake that we made without eggs and oven. It tastes like rasmalai so you can even call it a ras malai cake. Its recipe of a western style cake soaked in malai or rabri a Pakistani or Indian recipe. A super soft malai cake recipe which is a spongy, juicy, and melts in mouth. This milk malai cake is best for birthdays, anniversaries, and surprise parties. Do give it a try and share your feed back with me.
In a bowl add oil, yogurt and powdered sugar and mix everything for a minute.
- Now place a strainer on bowl and put all purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder in it. Strain all these dry ingredients in the wet prepared mixture. Combine all the ingredients well.
- Now gradually add milk in this mixture and prepare a batter. Our cake mixture is ready.
- Grease the cake pan with oil in which you are going to bake the cake. Pour the batter in this pan.
- Take a pan, pateela or karahi, add 1 and 1/2 glass of water in it, place a stand in the pan, cover it and put the pan on medium flame until water starts to boil. As we are going to cook this cake on steam that's why we used water in the karahi.
- Place the baking pan in this big pot or karahi, cover the pot or karahi and let the cake cook on low medium flame for 30-35 minutes.
- Insert a tooth pick in the center if it comes out clean the cake is perfectly baked. Take it out of the karahi and let the cake come to room temperature.
- Take a fork and prick some holes in the cake. Then pour rabri or malai over the cake. Save some of the malai for later use.
- Garnish the cake with sliced almonds and pistachios and place it in the fridge for some time so that cake could absorb the rabri.
- Serve the cake and enjoy it.
____________________For Malai or Rabri__________________
In a pan add milk, sugar, cardamom powder, saffron strands and boil it on high flame till milk starts boiling.
- When the milk boils, turn the heat to medium high flame and cook the milk until it reduced to half while stirring continuously.
- Turn oof the flame when the milk remain 40% (400 ml) and let the milk come to the room temperature.
You may also like