- Serves: 7 People
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 295
- Difficulty: easy
When listening the word hamburger as a Muslim we think that actual Ham is used in this burger, but it is not. A hamburger is a sandwich consisting of one or two cooked patties of ground beef. This recipe is a classic and Muslim version of Hamburger and it is packed with flavors. Burgers are reliably juicy, even when cooked to well-done. It is and easy and different recipe from the common burgers served in average areas of Pakistan.
- In a bowl add mince, onion, mustard paste, salt. bread crumbs, egg, black pepper powder and mix the dough very well with your hands until everything well combined.
- Take a big portion of mince in your hand (about the size of a tennis ball) and shape it into a patty.
- In a frying pan add cooking oil and fry the patty on low to medium flame.
- The patty will shrink in size and fluff up during frying. Press the patty gently, and when you see the water released from patty is clear, patty is ready. If the water is pinkish or milky then it needs to be cook for a few more minutes. But do not over cook it as it will get dry.
- _______________For Burger________________
- Put another pan on low flame, put the halved burger bun on it and dry roast them till the inner side of buns turn to brown.
- Take the bun off the pan on a plate and start assembling the burger.
- Put the patty in the bottom half of bun, add a cheese slice on it, then put lettuce leaf, tomato slices, onion rings.
- Top the burger with a generous amount of Barbecue sauce.
- Put the second half of burger bun finely and hamburger is ready to serve.
- ______________Note: The cheese will be melted a bit as the patty will be hot but if you want to completely melt it, about 1 minute before burgers are done, continue cooking burgers in the fry pan until cheese begins to melt.
- I used pan fried patty but you can also grill, smoke or flame broil it.
- As i like cheese in my burger, I added it but if you want you can skip it as well.
You may also like