- Serves: 7 People
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 135
- Difficulty: easy
Chai or tea has been a part of Indian food habits for time immemorial. Hyderabadi irani chai comes with a history. It was the Iranian who migrated to India dates back at leat 1300 years from the Iranian province of Yazd and Kerman. Irani chai or Irani tea is a Hyderabadi special dum tea made using reduced milk and tea comcentrate. Irani chai is more concentrate than normal tea.It gives a creamy texture and taste while drinking. Irani chai or Hyderabad dum tea is quite strong and has a different flavor due to its creaminess. Irani chai presented with some nice Osmania biscuits or even sweet cream is a wonderful hot beverage of winter season. Hyderabadi Irani tea is definitely worth a try for all those times when you need something like a treat.
- Take a pan in which we can add 1.5 liters water. Make sure you are using a pan which can hold the steam in it.
- Put the pan on high heat.
- Take a small muslin cloth or kitchen towel.
- Put crushed cardamom, grated ginger and tea leaves in it. Tie the knot of cloth and put it in the water.
- Cover the pan in a way that steam should not get release.
- Cook the water for about 40 minutes on high flame.
- Meanwhile take another pan, add milk, sugar and condensed milk in it and let it boil.The condensed milk will bring a creamy caramel flavor to the tea.
- Let the milk boil and then low the flame for about 10 minutes so that milk could get a little bit thicker.
- After 40 minutes water with tea will be cooked completely. Uncover the pan, squeeze the cloth and remove from water.
- Strain the tea water and mix it with the milk.
- Cook the tea till a boil.
- Take it off the stove and serve.
You may also like