- Serves: 1 People
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking: 5 Minutes
- Calories: 700
- Difficulty: easy
On any special occasion kheer is the most demanded and famous dessert of Pakistani homes. We use to prepare it on Eid, for any family gatheirng or dawat and this dessert gives a special boost to the menu. Preparing the creamy and perfect textured kheer required alot of patience and working in kitchen. For easing this their are so many instant kheer mixes of many brands. Personally I don't like the flavor of these commercial kheer mixes. I love to eat kheer that is slowly cooked and with a beautiful grain of rice but sometime it gives me a lot of pain to cook kheer in traditional way. This recipe is one of my personal favorite and a treat for all those kitchen queens who like a perfect textured traditional kheer. Do give this a try and I know you will also fell in love with instant kheer mix for creamy kheer. If you want a large quantity you can double all the ingredients and even store it in any airtight jar in the fridge to increase its shelf life. I also shared pictures of how to make this instant kheer mix. Hope you will enjoy this recipe.
- Add bread slices in a chopper and grind to a fine powder.
- Put these into a frying pan and dry roast on medium flame until they turned golden brown. Take out of frying pan and let these cool down completely. Grind these roasted crumbs again for a fine texture.
- Grind the sugar into a fine powder as well.
- Now grind the rice coarsely. I like graiy texture in the kheer like the actual kheer recipe but if you want to grind the rice into powder you can as well.
- Take a big bowl and add grid rice, bread crumbs, powdered sugar, cardamom powder, chopped almonds and pistachios and dry milk powder in it.
- Put few drops of kewra essence in this mixture and combine everything well. You can skip the kewra essence if you don't like it.
- Your instant kheer mix is ready. Put it in any air tight glass jar and store it for almost 2 months.
- _____________Note: For preparing creamy & delicious kheer with instant kheer mix add milk and kheer mix in a pan and cook it on medium flame for 10-15 minutes or until desired consistency.
- You can add more nuts in the kheer as well.
- Enjoy this creamy kheer made with homemade instant kheer mix.
You may also like