- Serves: 3 People
- Prep Time: 5 Minutes
- Cooking: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 173
- Difficulty: easy
Microwave cooking is convenient in a way that it reduced time than equivalent methods like boiling or baking. On my website I posted some recipes earlier for cooking and baking of different food items. I tried to give a step by step recipe from scratch so that everyone could understand it. Here is another simple microwave cooking recipe of Kofta Curry or meatballs curry. Hope you will try it and share your comments with me.
- Squeeze out excess water from chicken mince and put mince in a bowl. Then add salt, red chili powder, garam masala powder in it. Mix it well till it gets sticky.
- Now add soaked bread slice and mix everything well.
- Divide the mixture in 12 equal portions, grease your hands with oil and make balls or kofta from this mixture.
- Now for gravy/curry grind onion, garlic and ginger together to make a paste.
- In a microwave safe bowl add cooking oil and heat it on high power for 1:30 minutes.
- Now add cumin seeds in it and microwave again for 30 seconds. Power should be high.
- Then add the paste of onion, ginger and garlic and cook for another 8 minutes until dry and golden brown.
- Take the bowl out and add tomato puree, yogurt, salt, red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder along with 100 ml water in it. Give a mix and let it cook on high power for 2 minutes. Your kofta curry (meatballs gravy) is ready.
- Now in another microwave safe bowl keep the kofta (meatballs) along with the edges of bowl and pour gravy on top to cover the kofta with it. Microwave on high power for 2:30 minutes or till firm.
- Take the bowl out and cover it with aluminum foil for 15 minutes.
- Your microwave kofta curry is ready. Pour some fresh cream over before serving and serve hot with roti or rice.
You may also like