- Serves: 6 People
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking: 40 Minutes
- Calories: 78
- Difficulty: easy
You can make parathas with so many things and since they are quite filling, they also make great breakfast or lunches. Mooli Paratha is a whole wheat flatbread stuffed with grated mooli aka white radish. It’s lightly seasoned with spices and makes a wholesome breakfast or lunch. This recipe is a simple and easy recipe for beginners and home cooks so that they could easily enjoy desi food.
- Peel and grate the radish (moli).
- Take a muslin cloth and drain all the excess water from radish.
- Now take a frying pan and heat ghee in it on low flame.
- Then add chopped green chilies and ginger paste and stir for 1 minute.
- Then add grated radish in the pan along with haldi, amchoor powder, dhanya powder, ajwain, namak, lal mirch powder and cook it till the water dries out of radish. It will take about 4-5 minutes.
- After this turn off the flame and add garam masala powder and chopped fresh coriander. Mix it again and put it aside to cool down.
- Now form the dough for paratha.
- take wheat flour in a bowl and add milk, ghee, namak in the flour.
- Give a good mix and knead the dough by gradually adding water. We need a soft dough for paratha.
- Cover the dough and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Take small portion of dough and roll into a round ball.
- Dust some flour on the work surface and gently roll the dough in round shape. Roll 2 thin sheets.
- Put the prepared radish mixture on one of the rolled sheet and cover it with the other one.
- Sealed the sides and now roll this paratha again to a thin large size.
- Heat a tawa on medium flame and put the paratha on it. Let it cook from the bottom till golden brown spots.
- Flip the side and spread some ghee or oil on paratha.
- Flip it again and brush some ghee on the other side as well while press the paratha slightly.
- When brown spots appear on both sides your paratha is cooked, take it out of frying pan.
- Serve hot with chatni or raita.
- ___________________Note: You can even make this paratha with variation of your choice like you can even add lemon juice instaed of amchoor powder.
- Also you can make it with a single sheet of rolled dough.
- Some people also mix the grated radish along while kneading the dough for the paratha. This way, you don’t have to stuff and roll it and the process becomes even more simpler.
You may also like