- Serves: 7 People
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking: 15 Minutes
- Calories: 131
- Difficulty: easy
As the winter season starts vendors of chicken corn soup can be seen taking over the markets. But what is better than a homemade chicken corn soup? I brought a super easy and quick recipe of chicken corn soup here that you can prepare easily. This soup serves as the ultimate dish for sweater weather. This soup is probably the most popular serving soup in restaurants of Pakistan during winter season. The recipe is very simple and can be modified/changes as per your individual taste.
- In a pan or pressure cooker add cooking oil and put the chicken in it. Fry it on medium flame for 3 minutes.
- Now add 2 liters of water in it. (You can add the water as much as you required for stock).
- Put in garlic cloves, ginger piece and salt in it. Cover the pan and let the chicken cook for 25-30 minutes or till completely tender. If you are using pressure cooker it will take 15 minutes to cook.
- For green sauce, add 2-3 tablespoon of vinegar in the finely chopped green chilies and your sauce is ready.
- For red sauce, in 1 tablespoon of chili sauce add 2-3 tablespoon of vinegar, mix it and red sauce is ready for soup. Keep these sauces aside as we will use these while serving the soup.
- When the chicken gets cooked completely strain the stock and separate the chicken. take the chicken out of bones and shred it.
- Now prepare the soup. In a wide pan add stock and put the peas in it. Cover the pan and on slow flame let the peas cook for 10 minutes.
- Now turn the flame to medium and add in sweet corns, chicken, salt. Let these cook for 5 minutes.
- Mix the corn flour in very little water and make a paste. Turn the flame to slow, gradually add this paste in the soup while stirring continuously so that lumps should not form. Now let the soup cook for 2 minutes.
- Lightly beat the egg whites in a bowl and gradually add in soup. Stir continuously as the egg will cook immediately when it is added to the soup. Let the soup cook for 1 more minute.
- Turn off the flame and it this stage add black pepper powder in it. mix the soup well. The reason behind adding the black pepper in last is that if we added it during cooking the soup will turn to black color and it will not look appetizing.
- Pour the soup in serving bowl. Add 1 teaspoon (or as per your taste) of green sauce in it, then add 1 teaspoon (or as per your taste) of red sauce in it.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon each of vinegar, soy sauce and chili sauce in the bowl.
- Chinese chicken corn soup restaurant style is ready to serve.
- _____________Note: Like restaurants I shared the process of adding sauces in serving bowl and not during cooking process. As per the taste the salt, black peppers and sauces can be increased, decreased or even skipped. It all depends on individual choice.
You may also like