- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 15 Minutes
- Cooking: 20 Minutes
- Calories: 411
- Difficulty: easy
This easy and healthy potato chicken platter is quick and delicious recipe that you can enjoy with your family or friends in party. The chicken in this platter is so tender and delicious due to all spices infused during boiling and then frying the chicken. Potatoes and vegetables in this platter complete the recipe and make it a healthy party idea. Also this is a budget friendly recipe and almost every one love to eat potatoes. This is an amazing meal for children and you can even cook this in small quantity and put in the lunch box of your kid. Enjoy!
- In a pan add enough water potato and salt. Cover the pan and let the potatoes boil till these are 90% done.
- Wash the chicken legs and put deep cuts over these. Add these leg pieces in a pan along with 1 and 1/2 cup of water.
- Add all the spices (chicken powder, chili flakes, chaat masala, crushed coriander, crushed cumin, salt) in the chicken and give a mix to everything. Cover the pan and cook the chicken till its 95% done. It will take almost 12-15 minutes on medium flame.
- After the time uncover the pan and check the chicken. If water is remaining let it dry on high flame.
- Take a frying pan and add oil in it. Let the oil heat on medium flame.
- Add boiled potatoes in the frying pan and fry these on high flame for 1-2 minutes as we just want to make the skin of potatoes crispy. Add salt and chili flakes in it and mix well.
- Add chopped coriander in the potatoes and take these out of pan.
- Now add cooking oil in the frying pan and add garlic paste in it. Fry it for a minute and then add curry leaves, dried red chilies and cumin seeds in it.
- Add chili garlic sauce, soy sauce and vinegar in it and mix well.
- Now add chicken and fry the chicken on high flame same as we fried the potatoes. We need to give chicken a crisp and make it dry. When the chicken is done turn of the flame and take it out.
- Cover the end of the leg piece with aluminum foil so that it could easily eaten with hand and it will also look good.
- In a round platter put chicken and potatoes. Add the remaining masala of chicken in frying pan over the chicken in platter. Put the cut cucumber, carrots and lemon slices around the chicken and potatoes and your platter is ready to serve. You can enjoy it with any chatni, sauce or even with rice.
- _______________Note: you can remove the potato skin if you do not want to use it.
You may also like