- Serves: 2 People
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 304
- Difficulty: easy
Schezwan sauce is a spicy and strong sauce made with dry red chilies, garlic, ginger and spices. Schezwan sauce is a versatile sauce and can also be used as a dip with snacks like potato wedges, French fries, veg cutlets or spring roll. The schezwan sauce stays good in the refrigerator for about 1 to 2 months. Today I am sharing a quick and easy recipe of how to make this schezwan sauce at home. There are so many recipes that requires schezwan sauce like schezwan fried rice, schezwan noodles and so on. Do try it and share your feedback in the comments section below.
- Soak the red button chilies in water for 30 minutes.
- Cut the kashmiri red chili in big pieces and also soak it in water for 30 minutes.
- Now take a blender jug and add kashmiri red chili along with water in it.
- Then drain the rice from red button chilies and add these as well in the blender.
- Blend both to make a coarse paste, do not make a fine paste.
- Now in a frying pan add cooking oil, finely chopped garlic and ginger, fry these on medium flame until ginger garlic changes its color to light golden brown.
- Then add chilies paste in it, mix it and cook till the water from chilies dries. This will take about 3-4 minutes.
- After that add salt, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and mix these well.
- Add tomato ketchup in the sauce and cook till it gets well dried and oil released from sauce.
- Take the pan off the stove and let the sauce cool down.
- Fill it in any airtight jar and store in the fridge for long shelf life. Enjoy this homemade spicy and flavorful schezwan sauce.
You may also like