- Serves: 4 People
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking: 30 Minutes
- Calories: 350
- Difficulty: easy
Today I am going to share a simple and easy recipe of how to make spicy fry fish. This Pakistani street style fried fish is made with simple ingredients. It is tender and soft fish and taste great with naan and tamarind chutney. This can also become a great appetizer or a side to any meal. The recipe is so easy that it can only take 10 minutes for marination and 30 minutes for frying. The marination time of 2 hours is the time which help the fish to absorb all of flavors. You can even marinate this fish ahead and put it in refrigerator, take out 30 minutes before frying when you need it and you are good to go. You may even call it a bachelor's recipe for its easiness. Do give this spicy fry fish recipe a try and enjoy.
- Put deep cuts on pieces of fish.
- In a bowl put ginger garlic and green chilies paste.
- Then add all the spices (chili flakes, garam masala powder, turmeric powder, chili powder, salt, lemon juice, cumin powder, chat masala, tikka masala, gram flour, chopped fresh coriander, oil) and combine everything well so that a smooth batter should be formed.
- Now add the fish pieces in this marination and rub the masala over the fish so it could be well coated.
- Cover the bowl and put it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours marination. We will take out the fish 30 minutes before frying it so it could come to the room temperature.
- Take a wok and put enough oil in it for deep frying the fish. Let the oil heat well before frying.
- Turn the flame to medium and add fish pieces one by one in the oil. Do not over flow the wok as the fish is very delicate and we need space to flip its sides. Also if we added too much pieces at a time the temperature of oil will be dropped and fish will become soggy. Fry 2-3 pieces at a time.
- After 5 minutes of frying from 1 side, flip the fish to other side. Now cook it from this side for 5 minutes as well.
- When the fish turn to golden brown color that means it is fried and take it out on a paper towel or wire rack so that extra oil could be drained. Repeat the same process with remaining fish pieces.
- Squeeze some lemon juice over the fish and then sprinkle the chat masala on top. Delicious and spicy fry fish is ready to enjoy.
You may also like