- Serves: 4 People
- Prep Time: 8 Minutes
- Cooking: 5 Minutes
- Calories: 270
- Difficulty: easy
Swiss rolls are sponge cake rolls filled with whipping cream, butter cream, jams or chocolate filling. They are best for tea time. You are gonna love this Swiss roll cake in frying pan recipe as it is very quickly and easy to prepare without oven. Soft, spongy and moist Swiss roll cakes are loved by everyone. Although this recipe is of swiss roll cake baked in fry pan but do not underestimate it because it is as much perfect and delicious as the baked one. This is a 15 minutes swiss roll cake recipe in frying pan and there are no such problems like crust crackle while rolling in this recipe.
In a bowl add eggs and sugar and blend till the mixture changes its color to pale shade and became airy.
- Now gradually add all purpose flour in the mixture and gently fold it with a spatula. (Remember for baking always use sifted flour).
- Do not over mix it as we do not want to remove the air bubbles from the mixture.
- Now add vanilla essence and baking powder and gently fold the mixture again.
- Put a pan on very low flame and grease with butter or little bit oil.
- Pour the batter in the pan and spread it evenly.
- Cover the pan and let the cake cook on medium to low flame for 5 minutes.
- After the time uncover, insert a toothpick in the center if it comes out clean your cake is ready.
- Flip a side of cake and it should be golden brown from bottom. As we grease it with butter it will not stick to the pan.
- Use the baking/parchment paper dusted with the powdered sugar to help you roll the cake up, while it is still hot. If the cake cools down, it will crack when you roll it up, so work with it immediately after removing from the pan. The parchment paper will roll inside the cake.
- Leave the rolled cake to cool completely in the parchment paper.
- After it has cooled completely, unroll the sponge which will be slightly curved, so do not force it down, or it will crack. The curve will make rolling it back with the filling much easier.
- Spread on the filling and roll it up again without the paper.
- Wrap the butter paper tightly over the filled and rolled cake so it may hold its shape. Put it in fridge for 30 minutes.
- After the time take out the cake, unfold the paper from it and cut thick slices for serving. Easy to make soft spongy vanilla swiss roll cake in frying pan is ready to enjoy. ________________Note: You can add variety of frosting as the filling of this cake. Butter cream frosting or whipping cream, nutella, jam or any other filling of your choice can do great with this cake.
You may also like