- Serves: 7 People
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking: 60 Minutes
- Calories: 624
- Difficulty: easy
Rabri is a form of sweet thickened milk used in many dishes of Indian and Pakistani cuisine. It is made by boiling milk on low heat for a long time until it becomes dense and changes its color to off-white or pale yellow.
Carrot halwa or gajar halwa is also a famous traditional sweet dis of India and Pakistan. It is also called gajrela or gajar pak in some parts of Pakistan.
Both rabri and gajar halwa or carrots halwa are very delicious in taste and complement each other very well. Today I am sharing 2 recipes that gives a little twist to these traditional dishes. We are making Carrot Rabri Delight and Rabri Rolls that does not required too much cooking or time and can be prepared in 15 minutes easily. On the other side we are making carrots halwa and serving it with our instant rabdi. I call these carrot rabri delight and rabri Rolls and I hope you will like these dishes. Both the dishes itself are time consuming but I am sharing a shot version of both recipes. Believe me the result is amazing and you will enjoy it either with your family or for any dawat or gathering. This instantly prepared traditional carrots and rabri sweet dish will make your gathering even more special.
- Wash and peel the carrots and then finely grate them.
- Put a wok on medium flame and add ghee or clarified butter in it.
- When it melts completely, add the grated carrots in it and roast for 5 minutes. Then add milk in the roasted carrots and mix well. Let the carrots cook in the milk well.
- Now start preparing the rabri on the other side.
- Trim the edges of bread slices, then put these in a grinding jar and grind well to make a powder.
- In a wok add 2 tablespoon of water and then add milk in it. The water will save the rabri to stick to the bottom of the pan.
- Let the milk boil on medium to high flame.
- Add a pinch of saffron in it. Stir the milk in between so it may not stick to the bottom.
- After the boil add grinned bread and milk powder in the milk and mix it.
- Now turn the flame to medium and cook he milk well stirring it continuously.
- Mean while check the carrots as well. You will notice the milk is reduced so start cooking it as well by continuously stirring it. By cooking both carrots and rabri at the same time you will make this dessert in less time.
- In 8-10 minutes the rabri will get thicken, add sugar and cardamom powder in it and mix well.
- When a boil came in rabri turn off the flame and keep it aside to cool down.
- On the other side add sugar into the carrots mixture and cook it for 5-6 minutes more while stirring continuously. The flame should be medium to high.
- When the water dries up from carrots your carrots halwa is ready. Add cardamom powder in it, give a mix and turn off he flame. Let the halwa cool down.
- Now for assembling carrots delight first a dd a layer of carrots halwa in the serving bowl and smooth the surface with the back of a spoon.
- Then add a layer of rabri on it and smooth is as well with a spoon.
- Again add a layer of carrots and then a layer of rabri on it.
- Garnish with chopped pistachios or type of nuts you want.
- Serve cooled or hot as er your choice.
- ________________For Rabri Rolls____________________
- Now for the Rabri rolls trim the edges of bread slices and with a rolling pin roll it. This will flat the bread and make it soft so that we could roll it easily.
- Apply a thin layer of rabri on this rolled bread and put carrot halwa in the center and roll it.
- Apply rabri around al sides of the roll and sprinkle desiccated coconut on it.
- Sweet carrot rabri rolls are ready garnish with chopped pistachios for serving.
You may also like