- Serves: 5 People
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking: 60 Minutes
- Calories: 346
- Difficulty: easy
If you get bored of regular biryani try this Easy Chicken Tikka Biryani recipe. A simple but delicious treat for your family. 2 of desi food Tikka and Biryani are combined in one dish. You can marinate the chicken with tikka masala one day before cooking biryani and refrigerate it. The next day we can directly put it in the pan and make chicken tikkas. This will save some time of biryani making. If you are making this biryani for the first time I will request you to make as closely as you can with the ingredients and recipe below with minimum substitutions.
- To start your Chicken Tikka Biryani, first add chicken in a bowl with lal mirch powder, garam masala, namak, lahsan adrak paste, lemon juice dahi and cooking oil and combine every thing well.
- Let the chicken marinate for 60 minutes. You can even marinate the chicken one night before preparing biryani.
- After marination heat 2 tablespoon of oil in a frying pan and put the marinated chicken pieces in it. Do not over flow the pan, fry the chicken in batches.
- Fry for 2 minutes on high heat then flip the side and cook the other side for 2 minutes as well. Then flip the side again and let the tikka cook from this side for 3 minutes on medium flame. Then flip again the side and let the other side cook as well for 3 minutes. Chicken tikka is ready, take it out in a plate.
- _________________For Gravy__________________
- In a pan heat oil and add sliced onion in it. Fry for 10 minutes on medium flame till the onions turn to golden brown.
- Add lahsan adrak paste and fry for 2 minutes on low heat.
- add tomato puree in it and cook on medium heat for 1 more minute.
- Now add spices in it, haldi, pisi lal mirch, biryani masala, namak, and fry on low heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Whisk dahi and add it in to the pan, cook for another 3 minutes on low heat or till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Then add hari mirchain, hara dhanya and podina and cook for 1 minute.
- Add 150 ml of water and let the gravy cook for another 2 minutes. After the time turn off the flame and set the gravy aside.
- _______________________For Rice______________________
- Put water in a wide pan and add laung, dar chini, hari ilaichi, zeera and namak in it. Let the water boil and then add soaked rice in it. Cook till rice 90% done. Strain the rice and put aside.
- ____________________For Assembling Biryani____________________
- Take a flat pan and grease the bottom with some oil.
- Arrange half of the cooked rice in the bottom, then pour the prepared gravy over these rice, place prepared tikka pieces over it and sprinkle mint leaves, over it.
- Layer the top with remaining boiled rice. sprinkle dissolved zarda color in water or saffron in milk.
- Cover the pan and let the rice steam cook for 20 minutes, the flame should be very slow.
- After the time uncover pan, mix chicken and rice evenly before serving.
- _________________Note: you can make it smoky biryani if you give a smoke to the tikkas after frying. Just burn a charcoal on stove top till it turn to red, put it in any steel or aluminum foil cup, puta few drops of oil on the charcoal. A smoke wil rise, quikly cover the plate of tikka for 5 minutes so that smoky flavor could reach into tikkas completely.
- You can grill these tikkas as well.
You may also like