- Serves: 7 People
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking: 7 Minutes
- Calories: 1625
- Difficulty: easy
Gulab Jaman does not need any introduction as it is a traditional recipe of the Indian subcontinent. Gulab jamun is a favorite dessert of almost every family and is prepared at festivals. In its authentic preparation method, mava or khoya is a key ingredient but it is not generally available and you need to prepare it at home for making gulab jamun. On the other hand most women find it difficult to gulab jamun at home as they turned hard in the middle. Today this gulab jamun with milk powder recipe will solve all the problems of making gulab jamun at home. So to make things easier, follow this step by step complete recipe of gulan jamun with dry milk along with pictures of every step to make it easy to understand. Also for ease of every one i am sharing this recipe of gulab jamun in urdu.
- ___________________For Sugar Syrup_______________________
- In a wide pot add 2 cups of water sugar and cardamom powder in it, give a stir and put the pot on medium flame so that sugar syrup could be prepared.
- When the sugar completely dissolves add food color in it and mix well.
- Add lemon juice in the syrup and mix it. This lemon juice will help in avoiding crystallization in the sugar syrup.
- When the syrup starts boiling turn the flame to slow and let it cook.
- ________________For Gulab Jamun____________________
- Take another pot with enough oil for deep frying gulab jamun in it and put this pot on low flame to heat the oil. We need oil hot as much that if we dip a finger in it it could be dipped but felt a little bit hot to the finger. Mean while we will prepare the gulab jamun mixture.
- In a bowl add dry milk, all purpose flour and baking powder and combine all these dry ingredients well.
- Now add cardamom powder in the milk mixture and combine this as well.
- add ghee and egg in the dry milk mixture and mix everything. Use your hands for mixing the dough but do not over knead it. As much as you knead the dough the resulted gulab jamuns will be hard so just combine everything. You will see the dough will be sticky but this is exactly how we need it for gulab jamun.
- Take small portions of the dough and shape into round balls. The balls should be smooth and crack free. You can even shape gulab jamun as cylindrical if you want to. You can grease your palms with ghee or oil if you the dough is sticky.
- One by one put these gulab jamun in the heated oil. When you will add gulab jamun in the oil little bubbles will rise on surface and after a few seconds the gulab jamun will float on surface that is the exact heat of cooking oil that we required, it should not be too hot.
- When all the gulab jamun float on surface of oil then turn the heat to medium high.
- Gently stir the gulab jamun and try to dip these in oil so that these could be cooked from all sides. Within 3 minutes the gulab jamun will start turning to brown. In 7 minutes these will turn to golden brown and we will take these out of oil. If you want dark color you can fry these for few more minutes.
- Take out gulab jamun and put directly into the sugar syrup. stir these in syrup, cover the pot and let these dip in the syrup for almost 15 minutes.
- Take out in serving bowl and pour sugar syrup on it. Garnish with chopped dry fruits if you want to. Enjoy!
- _________________Note: The sugar syrup will get ready in 10-15 minutes as we do not need thick syrup.
You may also like