- Serves: 9 People
- Prep Time: 30 Minutes
- Cooking: 35 Minutes
- Calories: 1616
- Difficulty: medium
Mong dal bhaap badi is a nugget made from moong dal. They are very versatile and perform well wherever they are incorporated. Generally Mong vadi or bariyan is a nugget which is sun dried and made with sun dried moong dal/Yellow Lentils. But here I have steamed these fresh ones for later use. Moong vadi curry is in other words a protein packed side dish for rotis/chapatis. Moong vadi recipe is one of the top Indian recipes. They are very versatile and taste delicious in whatever dishes they are added to.
Moong dal badi salan is very exceptional and very specific recipe for you. Make this moong daal badiyan salan also called moong dal wadian or mangodi. This recipe of moong daal bari has many variations and names. However who ever makes it, will really find it irresistible.
Drain water from soaked lentil and put it in a blender jug.
- Add water in it and grind it well.
- Take out grinned dal in a bowl and add chopped onion, salt, red chili powder, baking soda, cumin powder, chopped coriander leaves and mix all the ingredients well till well combined.
- Take a pot and put some water in it for steaming the badian. Let the water boil.
- Now put a strainer and put a muslin cloth in the strainer.
- With the help of spoon make badiyan of your required size and directly put on the muslin cloth.
- Cover the pan and let the moong dal badiyan steam cook for 10-15 minutes.
- After that take the badiyan out on a plate and repeat the same process with complete batter.
- Now for gravy in a pan take oil and add onion paste in it. Fry for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- now add ginger garlic paste and fry for 1 more minute.
- Then add tomato puree and mix it.
- Cover the pan and let the gravy cook for 5 minutes on low flame. After that you will notice oil from masala is separated.
- Now add salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, garam masala powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder and mix well. Let it cook for 2 more minutes.
- Then add yogurt in it and after mixing and cook on low flame until oil separates.
- Now add steamed badyan in the gravy and mix gently.
- Then add water and cover the pan. Let it cook again on low flame for 8-10 minutes until oil separates from gravy.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve with roti or boil rice. Moong daal badyon ka salan is ready to enjoy.
___________ Note: You may fry the badiyan before adding in the gravy for enhanced flavor.
You may also like