- Serves: 9 People
- Prep Time: 20 Minutes
- Cooking: 10 Minutes
- Calories: 141
- Difficulty: easy
Paratha is one of the delicious and stomach filling breakfast food and very common in subcontinent. These are part of our daily meals. We make these in different styles and in various different manners to change the taste. The outer layer of paratha is made with fiber rich whole wheat flour while the filling is made with protein rich lentil and spices.
This is a make ahead frozen paratha recipe but you can even serve these fresh.
For dal filling in this paratha recipe check the link below on my website.
Dal Filling in Pratha
- For making the dough, in a bowl add flour,ghee, salt,water and knead well till a soft dough formed. Cover and let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Take two small portions of the dough, and make pedas (round shape) of these.
- Sprinkle some dry flour on the working surface, and using a rolling pin roll these small size pedas into flat bread of small size. We just need to roll a small size not full size paratha at this stage.
- Spread some ghee/butter or oil over one of these small size bread.
- Now add dal filling in it and put the second rolled bread over this.
- Seal the sides.
- Now thinly roll the paratha into your desired size.
- Meanwhile, place a pan over medium flame and place the rolled paratha on the pan. Let it cook until bubbles start to rise. Spread some ghee butter or oil over it and then flip it.
- Cook the other side as well and spread ghee on the other side as well.
- Let it cook until it is golden brown on both sides. Once done, transfer the cooked paratha onto a plate.
- Open the layer of paratha to cool it completely, this will also help the paratha to remain crispy other wise it will turn soggy.
- Repeat the same process to make other parathas as well.
- Serve with chutny or raita or pickle.
- __________________For Frozen Process___________________
- When parathas are completely cool down wrap these in an aluminum foil and put in the freezer.
- You can store these parathas for 3-4 months easily.
- When required take out and heat on any grill pan or frying pan or on tawa and crispy paratha is ready to eat.
- __________Note: For paratha filling check the recipe of "Mash Ki Daal" on my website.
- Dal Filling in Pratha
You may also like